OUR PEOPLE ARE KEY TO OUR SUCCESS
At FKM we operate in a dynamic, fast paced and challenging work environment and all are highly professional and experienced. Our team are proud to be part of the long established FKM brand as borne out by our longest serving team member having joined FKM back in 1969 !
We are always on the look for new talent. If you are a motivated, ambitious, talented individual we would like to hear from you, please forward your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.
Fit-Out Project Manager
- This role will be primarily office-based working with the Senior Project Manager in delivering projects from conception to completion. You will be involved with all aspects of a project from pre-construction to sign-off and snagging including planning, organising and liaison with the client, design teams and landlord representatives as required.
- Understanding of project timelines and strong ability to plan on a micro and macro level including the use of planning tools such as MS Project to create job programmes is preferable.
- Commercial awareness is important. Understanding the impact of decisions on budget and programme and liaising with the Commercial Department.
- Working with the Senior PM to govern several projects at the same time, with Site Manager and Foreman in place on each.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, must be able to lead and manage both client and design temas.
- Strong working knowledge in building services.
- Strong ability to assist in writing reports, minutes and in implementation of site governance procedures.
- Good working knowledge of techincal specification of partitioning systems, furniture systems and finishes generally.
- Ability to help lead and manage subcontractors during construction stage.
- Presentable and confident and able to liaise directly with the client during all stages of the project.
- Working to tight deadlines for timely production of reports and updating information for our clients.
- Work closely in all aspects with the Senior PM in relation to project planning, cost control, scope of works and general execution of project(s).
- Capable of producing snagging reports, condition and photographic reports etc., as required.
- Be familiar with contents and help to compile handover documentation, safety files and certification at project closeout.
Overall this is a great opportunity for the right candidate to become part of a growing team at a well-established and highly regarded company with a strong order book for 2018 and onwards. You will have the opportunity to grow with the company and this position offers great potential for career progression.
Chief Operations Officer
The role of the Chief Operations Officer is to lead The FKM Group operations successfully in the 3 divisions-Building Services Engineering, Fit-out and Facilities Management ensuring successful execution of all projects to the program, budget, quality, Health & Safety and profitablity. To fully support business development pitches, tenders and competitive bids; to take ownership of the pre-construction phases for new projects; and finally to build an operational infrastructure to deliver the projects in the busienss for all divisions, that ensures quality, health & safety, efficiency and profitability goals are achieved.
- Co-creates and 'Owns' the Building Services Engineering, Fit-out and Facilities Management gross profit and EBITDA budget, scorecard, and leads the teams in delivering on their numbers (on a project by project basis) and executing all FKM projects successfully.
- Ensures the operating objectives and standards of performance (including KPI's) are not only understood, but owned by the divisional teams and wider FKM team (for quality, health & safety and process and technology improvements).
- Closely monitors operating and financial results against plc1ns and budgets, taking corrective action where necessary towards successful outcomes, and informs the CEO and leadership team of any significant opportunties or issues.
- Ensures the sub-contractor base represents the 'best fit' for FKM's commercial, quality and risk management goals, and ensures project evaluations are fed-back to sub-contractors, to ensure a cycle of continuous improvement.
- Supports the CEO and Commercial Director in pitches, tenders and competitive bids, through ensuring the Fit-out and Facilities Management team provides excellent cudtomer centric designs, ideas and concepts, and team memebers fully participate (as appropriate) in client and prospect meetings.
- Positively represent FKM to customers, work-feeders and sub-contractors.
- Together with the Leadership team, tracks market developments and trends to identify, formulate and proposes commercial opportunities for the business.
- Takes full ownership of the pre-construction phases for Fit-out projects with support from the Commercial Director (as agreed by the CEO).
- Together with the project managers and site managers, oversees the on-time delivery of construction project schedules within approved budget allocations.
- Conduct periodic site visits as required to monitor compliance with standards and specifications and schedule adherence.
- Responsible for weekly reporting on all Building Services Enginering, Fit-out and Facilities Management projects, on customer service.
- Responsible for determing resource allocation for Building Servcies Engineering, Fit-out and Facilties Management projects, and approves invoices and pay applications for assigned projects.
- Together with the Leadership team, trains, mentor and coaches project teams for success.