Join our team
Our team share a common drive to succeed and a passion for providing exceptional service to our clients.
At FKM we operate in a dynamic, fast paced and challenging work environment.
We are always on the look for new talent. If you are a motivated, ambitious, talented individual we would like to hear from you, please forward your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Role Profile: Quantity Surveyor
FKM Fitout are seeking a professional and highly motivated team player to join our Fit Out division as a Quantity Surveyor. The chosen candidate will play a key role in applying the commercial and contractual processes that will lead FKM FitOut to become the market
leader in the Irish Fit-Out sector.
The Quantity Surveyor will report to the Chief Operations Officer and will partner with all levels across the business to gather and understand operational and commercial information related to their specific projects to ensure on time and on budget delivery for
each project. The candidate must be experienced in fast track fit out and have a proven track record of working with all forms of contract.
The Quantity Surveyor will manage the commercial aspect variety of their fit-out projects which will vary in size and value. The Quantity Surveyors duties, they will collaborate closely with the Project Delivery team to ensure accurate monthly and quarterly cost booking and
lead the involvement in negotiating change orders for various contracts.
- Liaising with Senior Project Managers in creating a one team culture and approach to delivering the project to the Time, Cost, Quality and Corporate Responsibility targets and deliverables, always acting in the best interests of the company.
- Assist the operations team with customer relationships
- Advising on contractual matters – general and project level.
- Identify contract opportunities for entitlement
- Prepare subcontract and suppliers documents.
- Timely drafting of commercial/contractual correspondence and support with project correspondence.
- Support the Project Delivery team by negotiating and agreeing on works with subcontractors and ensuring final accounts are closed in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly valuations, cost reports, variations and submit final accounts in a timely manner.
- Ensure risk registers, variation trackers and extension of time tracker sheets are reviewed and updated monthly and included within monthly reports.
- Assisting with Tender Submissions including but not limited to:
Take Off's/ Compile BOQ from drawings.
- Assessing Drawings, BOQ & Work Requirements at Tender Stage.
- Identifying issues within the tender documents.
- Ensure that all reporting is accurate and completed to agreed timescales
- Ensure the project and programme contract, cost, quality and time targets are met
- Ensure prompt and regular submission of main contract payment applications and ensure that subcontractor payments are dealt with fairly and in accordance with subcontract terms
Experience and Qualifications:
- 4-6 years’ experience in either Quantity Surveying roles in a Construction/Engineering business, ideally with a Fit Out Design and Build contractor
- Experience working with Fit Out essential.
- Build soft and Cubit experience an advantage
- High Level of legal awareness and competence in assessing Contractrequirements